Contact Us Now For a Free Consultation
Resources for Colorado and Federal Drug Charges
- Illegal Drugs Information - This Web site provides facts, policy issues and public opinion information about illegal drugs from Public Agenda, a nonpartisan opinion research organization.
- Drug Courts - Maintained by the National Criminal Justice Reference Service, this Web site provides information about the history, operation, organization and goals of drug courts throughout the country.
- Federal Drug Trafficking Penalties - This United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) site lists the penalties for federal trafficking offenses by drug, quantity and offense level.
- Criminal and Civil Forfeiture - This page, maintained by the Legal Information Institute of Cornell University Law School, gives an overview of the government power to seize of property connected to illegal activity and explains the difference between criminal and civil forfeiture.
- The Fourth Amendment - The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures. This site provides the full text, history and scope of this amendment.
- The Eighth Amendment - The Eighth Amendment to the Constitution prohibits excessive bail, fines, and cruel and unusual punishment. This site provides the full text, history and scope of this amendment.
- Controlled Substances Act - The Controlled Substances Act defines the schedules of controlled substances and establishes penalties for drug offenses including possession, sale, manufacture and distribution.
- Office of National Drug Control Policy - The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) establishes policies and priorities for the national drug control program. This site contains information about enforcement, research, prevention and treatment activities at the federal, state and local levels.
- Drug Policy Alliance - This Web site provides a state-by-state overview of drug sentencing policy, with updates on judicial and legislative activity.
- The Sentencing Project - This is a national leader in the development of alternative sentencing programs, and research and advocacy on criminal justice policy.