Internet Sexual Exploitation of a Child
The Purpose of this Sub Website is to assist present and future clients who are under investigation, charged with Colorado Criminal Acts – or have friends or loved ones who have a need to understand the crimes they are facing. I believe knowledge is power – that is why I continuously work on this and other web sites on Colorado Criminal Laws and Issues.Colorado Felony Sexual Crimes – Internet Luring of a Child (18-3-306)
- An actor commits internet luring of a child if the actor knowingly communicates a statement over a computer or computer network to a person who the actor knows or believes is under fifteen years of age, describing explicit sexual conduct as defined in section 18-6-403(2)(e), and, in connection with the communication, makes a statement persuading or inviting the person to meet the actor for any purpose, and the actor is more than four years older than the person or than the age the actor believes the person to be.
- It shall not be a defense to this section that a meeting did not occur
- Internet luring of a child is a class 5 felony; except that luring of a child is a class 4 felony if committed with the intent to meet for the purpose of engaging in sexual exploitation as defined in section 18-6-404 or sexual contact as defined in 18-3-401.
- For the purposes of this section, “in connection with” means communications that further, advance, promote, or have a continuity of purpose and may occur before, during, or after the invitation to meet.
- A person commits internet sexual exploitation of a child if a person, who is at least four years older than a child who is under fifteen years of age, knowingly importunes, invites, or entices the child through communication via a computer network or system to:
- Expose or touch the child’s own or another person’s intimate parts while communicating with the person via a computer network or system; or
- Observe the person’s intimate parts while communicating with the person via a computer network or system.
- It shall not be an affirmative defense to this section that the child was actually a law enforcement officer posing as a child under fifteen years of age.
- Internet sexual exploitation of a child is a class 4 felony.