Helping Teen Drivers
Parents of Teen Drivers and Teen Drivers themselves in Colorado need all the help they can get…here are some links that may provide information to both:Colorado Specific
- Colorado State Patrol
- Colorado Department of Revenue Division of Motor Vehicles
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Safety vs. Privacy – The Use Of Red Light Cameras – Do They Work? - This excellent resource was submitted by young students (Brittany and Mia) and adult volunteers at a teen youth center in Colorado. The article addresses whether these cameras act as a real deterrence on the streets. Kudos to these students and their mentors in the Summer Driver Safety Program!
- AAA Keys2Drive - The American Automobile Association site offers information about learning and teaching safe driving, selecting a car for a teen driver, GDL, stats and much more, including lots of links.
- Alive at 25 - Alive at 25 is a survival course developed by the National Safety Council to prevent traffic fatalities, collisions and violations. Their site has facts about teen driving and links to other relevant organizations as well as information about their own program.
- Century Council - The Century Council is a leader in the fight to eliminate drunk driving and underage drinking and promotes responsible decision making regarding beverage alcohol.
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia - The information on this special Website is based on research from an alliance of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the University of Pennsylvania, and State Farm Insurance Companies. These institutions have joined together to reduce death and injury from young driver-related crashes through scientific research and outreach.
- Douglas County Youth Initiative – Teen Driving Issue Team
- DriveSmart Colorado - State-wide traffic safety education program focusing on individuals from birth through seniors. DRIVE SMART is a community leader in traffic safety, creating programs that increase seat belt use, promote substance-free driving, impart positive behind-the-wheel behavior, boost motorcycle safety, enhance pedestrian safety, safe teen driving and child passenger safety.
- National Safety Council - The National Safety Council serves as a clearinghouse of information and materials about safety belt usage as well as useful materials, ideas, speakers and technical assistance.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Extensive research and statistics about safe driving.
- Teen Sharp - Non-profit teen driver safety program based in Littleton and Highlands Ranch. Taught entirely by law enforcement officers. Some of the services are class room instruction, hands-on driving instruction and defensive driving car control clinics.
- Teen Motor Vehicle Leadership Alliance (PDF) - The Teen Motor Vehicle Leadership Alliance is an interagency statewide coalition of champions that acts on reducing teen motor vehicle crashes and improving teen motor vehicle safety. Contact the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, 303-692-2590. Click on the link above for a listing of participants.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety - Research about teen driving and safety, brochures and videos available, including “Young Drivers: The High Risk Years,” as well as international links.
- Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association - Guide to understanding insurance, including info about shopping for teen insurance. Links to safe driving and other relevant sites along with how to order “fatal vision” goggles that demonstrate effects of driving while intoxicated.
Please call our law firm if you have questions about.Colorado Teen Traffic Laws
H. Michael Steinberg has been a Colorado criminal law specialist attorney for 30 years (as of 2012). For the first 13 years of his career, he was an Arapahoe – Douglas County District Attorney Senior prosecutor. In 1999 he formed his own law firm for the defense of Colorado criminal cases.
In addition to handling tens of thousands of cases in the criminal trial courts of Colorado, he has written hundreds of articles regarding the practice of Colorado criminal law and frequently provides legal analysis on radio and television, appearing on the Fox News Channel, CNN and Various National and Local Newspapers and Radio Stations. Please call him at your convenience at 720-220-2277.
In the Denver metropolitan area and throughout Colorado, attorney H. Michael Steinberg provides quality legal representation to those charged in Colorado adult and juvenile criminal matters.H. Michael’s Primary Territory
The Colorado Steinberg Criminal Defense Law Firm serves clients charged with criminal offenses in the Denver Metro Region and throughout Colorado, including Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Jefferson County, Larimer County, El Paso County, Pueblo County, Weld County and Grand County; and communities such as ; Centennial, Denver, Boulder, Aurora, Lakewood, Littleton, Westminster, Thornton, Northglenn, Brighton, Greenwood Village, DTC, Denver Tech Center, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Lone Tree, Englewood, Golden, Grand Junction and all across the Front Range.
If you have questions about Colorado Teen Traffic Laws in the Denver metropolitan area and throughout Colorado, attorney H. Michael Steinberg will be pleased to answer those questions and will provide quality legal representation to those charged in Colorado with adult and juvenile criminal matters as regards .Colorado Teen Traffic Laws.