Colorado Misdemeanor & Felony Forgery Possession of Forgery Devices (18-5-109)
Colorado Misdemeanor & Felony Forgery – Possession of Forgery Devices (18-5-109)
- A person commits criminal possession of forgery devices when:
- Such person makes or possesses with knowledge of its character any plate, die, or other device, apparatus, equipment, or article specifically designed for use in counterfeiting, unlawfully simulating, or otherwise forging written instruments or counterfeit marks; or
- Such person makes or possesses any device, apparatus, equipment, or article capable of or adaptable to a use specified in paragraph (a) of this subsection (1), with intent to use it, or to aid or permit another to use it, for purposes of forgery or the production of counterfeit marks; or
- Such person illegally possesses a genuine plate, die, or other device used in the production of written instruments or counterfeit marks, with intent to fraudulently use the same; or
- Such person unlawfully makes, produces, possesses, or utters a document-making implement knowing that such document-making implement may be used or is used in the production of a false identification document or counterfeit mark or another implement for the production of false identification documents or counterfeit marks.
- Criminal possession of forgery devices is a class 6 felony.
- As used in this section, “counterfeit mark” has the meaning set forth in section 18-5-110.5 (3) (a).