Colorado Misdemeanor & Felony Forgery Obtaining Signature by Deception (18-5-112)
Colorado Misdemeanor & Felony Forgery – Obtaining Signature by Deception (18-5-112)
- A person commits obtaining signature by deception if, by deception and with intent to defraud or to acquire a benefit for himself or another, he causes another to sign or execute a written instrument.
- As used in this section, “by deception” means by knowingly:
- Creating or confirming another’s impression which is false and which the deceiver does not believe to be true; or
- Failing to correct a false impression held by another which the deceiver previously has created or confirmed; or
- Preventing another from acquiring information pertinent to any matter material to a proper understanding of any transaction in which the signature of such person is procured.
- Obtaining signatures by deception is a class 2 misdemeanor.